Our Response To The Coronavirus
6 May 2020 20:00
We are pleased to announce that the remainder of this years planned Thame Players productions are merely postponed until 2021. We hope that the next Thame Players production will be our pantomime sometime this winter. Until then visit our new YouTube channel where we will bring you both a look back at some past productions and some new performances to entertain you at home.
17 March 2020 16:00
In line with government recommendations we have taken the decision to cancel all shows at Thame Players Theatre until the end of June. Decisions on July and onwards will be made nearer the time when we see how the virus is progressing and what the government is telling us.
Any further updates will be posted here.
17 March 2020
In line with current government and NHS advice, we will be cancelling some upcoming shows. This website and our TicketSource shop will be updated as this happens.
We continue to assess the situation on a daily basis.
When we are open we are taking some additional steps to help decrease the risk of passing anything to others. These are:
1) We are asking all of our visitors to please bring plenty of tissues with them. We are endeavouring to have a small number of the handy packets of tissues for sale at cost price (probably about 20p) but these may sell out quickly.
2) You will notice additional signage encouraging all of our visitors to wash their hands for longer and with more frequency.
3) For our long-suffering male customers, we now finally have hot water in the gentlemen's toilet - indeed all of our washrooms are well stocked with soap, hot water and paper towels. If you find anything lacking, just report it to a member of staff.
4) Remember that most of the time our disabled toilet is unused - so please make use of it to help cut the queuing times.
5) In between shows, the public areas such as door handles, taps, the bar, etc. will be wiped down with disinfectant. So please excuse any 'hospital' smell - we're doing our best to protect you.
6) We would ask that you do not shake hands or kiss members of the cast - we need to protect their health as well.
7) Finally we would ask that if you know that you are already ill, please do not come to the theatre, but stay in the warm and call NHS 111 or visit https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19. Remember that before you call them, sit down and get comfortable - you might be on hold for a long time.
In the event that we cancel a show, you will of course be refunded.
We look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Health & Safety Responsible Person
Thame Players Theatre